This post contains affiliate links. Please see the Disclosure (found in the menu bar) for additional information.
Motivation is the drive within us to strive towards a goal. It’s the desire to do something. Accomplishing a fitness goal takes consistency and we need to be motivated in order to continue to be consistent.
Here are 5 key tips for staying motivated:
(1) Set a goal with milestone dates – Setting dates shows that there is an “end” and gives us something to strive towards.
(2) Reward yourself when you accomplish each milestone – Everyone likes to be rewarded for something they put effort into. It makes us want it more.
(3) Visualize your end goal every so often – You must focus on the end goal and think about what it would feel like to reach that goal.
(4) Change your mindset to be more positive – Being more positive makes us all happier and more likely to enjoy the process and reach our goals.
(5) Find other like-minded people that you can workout with and keep each other accountable – Being around like-minded people and being able to encourage each other will not only make it more fun, but keep you focused.
We all go through ups and downs and lose focus at times, it’s normal, so don’t beat yourself up over it.
Also, once something becomes a behaviour then motivation isn’t required as much. It becomes part of your daily routine. You stop putting so much thought into why you’re doing something and instead just do it. It’s scheduled into your day and is part of your daily ritual.